quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2012

Salsa Dancing in NYC

Times Square reminds me of Callao por la noche en Buenos Aires, except with more lights. Large screens flash advertisements for bank of America or Nike and they are honestly so bright that it feels like day time. It's glitzy and choked with tourists that stand like deer in headlights everywhere.

When I told Cailley the address of the salsa club Laura had suggested, she almost rescinded on her offer to accompany me. I hate Times Square, she explained, visibly shuddering. We had just eaten pizza and ice cream and investigated design ideas for my first tattoo. After a day spent walking 8 miles and eating, eating, eating, it was hard to extricate ourselves from Cailley's bed.

Finally we decided to go and in a whirl of old spice and vigorous gum chewing we raced out the door. Club Cache is a basement club nestled between an Italian restaurant and a parking garage. The floor was intimate, and surrounded by slightly elevated booths and bar. The dancers were, over all, better than in the Metro Detroit area, but I still think we have a few of the best dancers (Randy and Louis come to mind). My best and last dance was with one of the most smooth and subtle stylists I ever met, and he had a big smile on his face the whole time. The best dancers in my book enjoy dancing with everyone that's receptive, regardless of their level of experience.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário